Monday, March 15, 2010

NCAA Expansion Who Needs It

There has been talk about expanding the NCAA basketball tournament field for quite some time, from 65 to 96 or even 128. I really don't understand the push for such a measure, I mean do we really need to have 12 Big East teams in the tournament, isn't eight enough? Expanding the field will just dilute the regular season. Obviously it would be done to make money, but I for one wouldn't be watching. I already hate the fact that they have a stupid play in game, a game I have never watched. They say because a new conference was formed they needed to add a 65th team, really why couldn't they just trim an at large bid? Now today, the day after the selection committee revealed it's bracket, teams on the outside looking in are crying that they were somehow robbed. You know what I say, play better during the regular season and you wouldn't have a problem. Let's not water down the tournament field anymore, this after all is supposed to be about determining a champion and any teams added beyond 64 won't ever win the whole thing. So trim back to 64 and stop the foolish talk of expansion. I don't mind the schools making extra money, but give the fans something real, not this contrived garbage.


Song of the Blog: The song of the blog this time around is Black Cat by Janet Jackson. I am not usually a fan of Jackson's, but I like the harder edge this song has. The guitar in the song is really good as well.

Sorry I have been gone so long. I will try and give you all a new entry at least once a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment